Friday 20 August 2010

Hola!

Hola!
sorry to be silent for a while ( but reading my last blog post l think l needed to be, what a ramble!)
Wow l was surprised to have new FOLLOWERS! thankyou  Abbey , Em and Dana for dropping in!
l haven't been blogging on my original blog Cluckingabout as my camera died...but hope to get a new one quite soon..
Update.
As l said, my Dr contacted me from his holidays and said l was badly in need of more Armour and should start taking the Dhea/pregnenalone capsules again as my Adrenal levels had also drastically plummeted .He had stopped them in January. This was because  he had upped the dose of pregnenalone in the capsule and they made me feel ill..when l had tests done in March he said that l had to much DHEA so l could do without them..
l started with half of my Dhea/pregnenalone capsule for a couple of days but l didn't feel good on that so l have been splitting the contents of the capsule in 1/4s and putting the powder into empty tablet capsules
that l purchased from http://www.baldwins.co.uk/.. l seem to be much less jumpy and nervous though still not able to wake in the mornings  no energy or any go in me, to do anything, but better in the evenings and l am sleeping throughout the night.BRILLIANT It wouldn't look good if you came into my kitchen and saw me cutting the white powder! until the capsules arrived l was putting the spare powder in foil wraps!My two and my builder did joke with me! l have been on the DHEA for 16 days now...
My problem is still the Armour..l can't take any more than the 1/4 grain as when l have tried to up the dose
by even a 1/12  grain the sweats come with a vengeance!l can't cope with these sweats l would rather be very Hypo than sweating like l have just walked out of a pool!as l am still in Spain the weather has been HOT! one morning at 3am it was still 37C but it is different kind of sweating ( if that makes any sense?) when l have taken to much Armour ( or when l was on levo) the sweats are like a pressure that goes right through me from feet to head  it feels like my head will explode..
l am hoping that as l take more Dhea over time l will be able to increase my Armour dose...
l was advised by a lady who is more knowledgeable then any Dr l have seen from http://www.thyroid.uk.org/ that l do not convert T4 to T3 well ,as my Adrenals are not functioning..which causes the intense sweating ...
l have been waiting for my test results to be emailed to me so l can have a good look at them,
l have a telephone appointment to discuss the findings etc on the 25th August..

In amongst all this l have LOST 1kg  making me 86kg AGAIN! and my apertite has gone  ( mostly!)
l am still sticking to Mary j Shomans thyroid diet book. ( which is so good ).and as l said, although l am not loosing weight l haven't continued to put on ANY! which is what was happening..
l do believe it is tablet/metabolism related..
 My diet is VERY restricted..l am allergic to, so NO dairy,eggs,Gluten,soya,beans (of any type ) bananas,any grains,garlic and pepper.
l have followed a anti candida diet for nearly four years soYeast and any fermented foods drink,smoked food and originally fruit ,but now back eating that..is also off the menu!
l also have cut out  all sugar,natural or synthetic, (with the exception of fruit as My Dr said that better  to eat fruit  than  get cancer ) l was heading to be diabetic if l didn't cut sugar out..all part of the Hashimoto's
 SO wouldn't you think l would be loosing weight! NO....not yet
thankyou for letting me ramble AGAIN l think l might blog more often as maybe l will keep it shorter!
MAYBE ???????

1 comment:

  1. Hello....so sorry it has taken all this time to get back to you...mind fog and everything being a huge effort is to blame!
    Just wanted to say that I will be popping in from time to time to check out your progress and I hope that sometime soon you can find the right combination of diet and meds and start to feel a whole lot better. Seasons Greetings my friend. x

    ReplyDelete